Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas Gifts: Lace Bookmarks

So, I decided to take up lace work back in July and August, and I decided that the easiest projects to start with would probably be the smaller variety. A bit of searching on ravelry revealed quite the number of patterns to make lace bookmarks, so I printed them out and started on it. I worked with size 1.5mm and 1.8mm hooks and I did size 10 threads, size 20 threads, 2-ply laceweight threads, and embroidery floss. The floss was by far the most bulky to work with, but it always produced good results. Not to mention that 25yrd of floss is cheap, and easy to pick up in a variety of colors.

Here is what I made:

There are another 4 or 5 that I made but aren't in this shot, and I will try to remember to get pictures of those and upload them. From left to right, the patterns (though modified) are as follows:
Icicle Bookmark, Glittery Bookmark, Quickie Bookmark, Fan Bookmark (in embroidery floss), Maui Stitchgrid (see below), Butterfly Stitch Bookmark, Shell Bookmark, Freehand Filet Pattern, Fan Bookmark (in 2-ply laceweight), Goddess Blessed Bookmark
Maui Stitchgrid


2 comments: